Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm the hostess!!!

My first EVER!! I'm the hostess over at Cardmaker for the weekly challenge:
I decided to repurpose a few things we had just laying around the house:
This was a galvanized bucket from our local Establishment. I covered it with paper and Modgepodge. I also added strips of ribbon to the handle... pretty cute if I do say so myself!!

I love Laughing Cow cheese! The product comes in the above pictured, cute little paper container. The containers are as fun to me as the cheese is good. I have been thinking of something I could do with/to them short of tossing them in the recycle.

So, of course, I decided to cover them with paper! Luckily, they are exactly 4" across the top. Hello George (shapes cartridge for my Cricut)!!

I covered the top and bottom "inserts" with pearl-escent paper, inked the edges and added an embelishment (Thanks again George!). I also inked the edges of the top pearl flower using my Stampin' Write markers (can't really tell from the picture).

I think it turned out pretty cute. I think I will use it for a gift box...
now what to "gift" and to whom???

No comments:

Post a Comment