Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Making our house into a Home

A long time ago, JJ told his mom that his house was starting to get cozy. Want to know why? He had curtains, candles and a rug at the back door! (All dropped off, hung up, etc by me.) Well fast forward 7 years, finishing graduate school and beginning a marriage... here we are.... And I am still striving for cozy!

Anyway, I found this semi-ugly wooden word at Dollar General for $3. I liked the shape and the word, I didn't hate the red but the black line... really?? Had me wondering... "Just who thought that was a good idea?"

But I took it home anyway, busted out my Heirloom White spray paint and went to town! I let it dry overnight and sanded the edges and a few random front parts. I set it in my kitchen window next to an airplane plant and a stack of vintage butter pats that I picked up about a month ago.

Pretty cute and pretty home-y.



2 comments:

  1. I definitely think your house can be classified as a home. I love it, at least. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lora. Sometimes I look around and only see the things that need to be fixed, redone, etc. and forget to see the things that make our house a home and I forget to notice and appreciale that we truely are blessed to have a warm (or cool depending) home to protect us and make us calm.

    It's always good to be grounded. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete