Saturday, September 10, 2011

More of my Favorite Things

...about our new house. These pictures were also taken on closing day when I was here for cleaning without any real stuff.

If you missed my last post, go here to see my first edition of Favorite Things. (I feel like Oprah except not liberal. :) )


Here's our fireplace, mantle and hearth.
Photobucket
I love that it looks like it was salvaged from an old Church...wait...no, it's just shaped like a Church. I love it! Shaped like or salvaged from, I don't care.
I don't really love that hunter green tile around the fire box. It looks ok in the picture, trust me...it's not ok in person!

Look at this little globe I got at an estate auction for $6 (and a bunch of other junk that I left there).
Photobucket
I know it looks lonely up there but it happened to be in my car and Stevie thought it looked good up there. :)

And look at this pretty, pretty girl! Photobucket
That's up and to the right of the fireplace. The balcony is off our extra bedroom. I'm sure our {someday} children will try to jump off there so I am going to enjoy the doors until I have to baracade them to keep the little stinks safe!

Here's the view from the balcony.
Photobucket

One last part about the living room. I didn't discover this light until we had lived here for just about a week. I am in love!!
PhotobucketI love that it shines right over the door. I love that it gives us a bit of extra privacy from the front by shining at the door. Moreover, it's my favorite light to leave on when we aren't home...just so sweet to come home to. Well, I guess...I come through the garage but if I did use the front door, I would think it was sweet.

Photobucket
It's hard to take pictures at night, of lights and not be all weird...but I wanted to toss in this last one so you could see the green tiles prevail!!! Ahhhhh!

In do time! I have a couple of projects for this winter but for the most part, we will be doing some major landscaping and Jj has a few places on our wooden siding to fix.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girlie! I LOVE all your favorite things in your new house! I adore the nook, the french doors and the mantel, but I was SWOONING over that little balcony!! OMgoodness, I ADORE it! (and yes I am YELLING!!) lol I bet you have all kinds of ideas swimming around in your head of things to do to your new place...I know I would be having a field day. Have I mentioned I like to decorate?! lol :)
    Have fun! Oh and I can't wait to show you how my kitchen chairs are turning out...I'm giddy!!
    Hugs
    missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a gorgeous new home - congrats!!

    ReplyDelete