Friday, January 13, 2012

Pretties

I can share this little find now...

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

I found these for my friend Holly (Hi, Holly) for her birthday. Her birthday is December 27th but I just got to celebrate with her this past week.

Now these have a story! It goes way back to January '11. We were planning my Sister's bridal shower. We were doing a very fancy tea party type setting and serving our guests on vintage snack sets...did I mention the guest list was over 100?? (thank you sister).

While I have around 30 place settings of my own and my Mom and sister have similar...I needed more. I was calling all my friends borrowing snack sets.

I called Holly. Here's how it went down:

Me: Hey, can I borrow your snack sets for Sarah's shower?
Holly: I don't have any snack sets.
Me: Really?
H: Yes. I don't know why.
Me: Me either. We need to fix that!

Enter Salvation Army while I was looking for white vases. Well, I happened across this pretty little snack set...all four were there, cups included, no chips!

Extra bonus: pinkish roses. Holly's fav. china print. SCORE!!!

Since Jj and I moved twice in the past year, I was in a bit of a panic. I was sure I knew right where they were...wrong. However, they have been properly located, packaged and gifted.

Happy Birthday Holly!

Have you harbored any great finds lately for the perfect gift for that special someone?

2 comments:

  1. you and your snack sets crack me up... seriously... crack me up... and NO I don't need any...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooooo sweet!!

    I don't have any snack sets either, but we are going to England this summer and will correct that!

    ReplyDelete